Ashburton Branch Vintage Car Club Museum: This is located at 86 Maronan Road Tinwald 500 metres past The Plains Railway complex.
The museum was opened in 1979. There are approximately twenty veteran, vintage, post vintage and classic cars and motorcycles from 1906 to 1970’s on display, plus much motoring memorabilia from the past. Many veteran, vintage and classic parts available at the parts shed where volunteers maintain and do assembly work. Volunteers are most welcome to join the friendly committee. Open every Saturday morning from 10am – 12pm, and can be opened on request.
School and group tours welcome by phoning Les Bennett (03) 308 4705, Jim Rooney (03) 308 4441 Trevor Coulter (03) 308 4817. Admission $5.00 Adults, Children Free No Eftpos available.